1. Going from two to three has been easy. EASY. Wayyyyy easier than I thought it would be, which is to say I thought it was going to be haaaaaard and the moment I saw that second pink line come up I thought, “THREE CHILDREN IS A LOT OF CHILDREN WHERE IS A PAPER BAG I CAN BREATHE INTO?” But, it hasn’t been hard! (Yet.)
All of the credit goes to Preston for being such a kick-ass, chilled out baby. I would love to pat myself on the back (and Chris too, I suppose) for obviously being such an amazing parent with superior child management skills, and then smile smugly and say something like “UR DOIN’ IT WRONG” to people who had a tough time with their third (or first, or tenth) babies, but that would be awfully rude and also completely not true. All I do is feed him and change diapers and he takes care of the awesome all on his own.
Preston = Fantaaaaaaastic.
Yo, internet Aunties. Whazzup?
2. I found a house for sale in my neighborhood that is the exact same floor plan as ours and HA HA HA it is hilariously satisfying to see MY house decorated by SOMEONE ELSE with TERRIBLY BAD taste. I feel like Martha flipping Stewart now, compared to these people. (Seriously, they put the sofas in the wrong place! Ugly sofas, too!)
3. My new favorite thing to do is make a latte and then stir in some of this stuff. MMMMMM, DELICIOUS!
4. I am ordering the swing set today. (!!!!!!!) Last night we ate dinner outside and while it was just pizza and beers (apple juice boxes for the girls, which Charlotte calls AH JUICE) it was so pleasant and nice! The girls played with some bubbles and the weather was so pleasant and I am so enjoying this nice weather. I hope it lasts a decent amount of time before The Searing Heat begins.
5. Claire has had a very hacky cough and a very runny nose and these Mucinex Melty things have really been working well for her. She eats them without complaint and they seriously DO quit the coughing and cut down on the congestion in a way that I’ve never seen cough syrup really work. Recommend. I’ve given this to her a few times over the winter and it’s been a great comfort/help to her each round. (Very helpful now that it’s March and cold and flu season is almost over, I know. I am so timely.)
6. I bought some Easter treats at Target one day while Claire was at preschool, (for their baskets, from the Easter Bunny) and then Claire FOUND IT ALL and now I have to return everything and make secondary selections and I am SO ANNOYED even though I have nobody but myself to blame as I didn’t bother trying to hide the bags in my closet very well at all. (I just stuck them behind some dresses.) It is hard work maintaining the
lies delightful fairy tales of a magical childhood.
7. Jen did a fairy hunt with her daughter the other day and I thought it was just such a fun idea so I’ve tucked that away for later when we get bored. I mean, really, SO CUTE and simple and I think Claire would totally be into it. Plus, we have about a bazillion Disney Fairies figurines so why the heck not? Adorbs.
8. Bonus take! SMILEY BABY!