1. Our neighbors to the west have foundation issues. They have had the foundation repair people out there a few times and there’s a GIANT crack in their house that we can see very clearly from our breakfast room and…I feel for these people. I do. Foundation troubles are expensive and no joke here in Texas. Serious, serious thing in terms of money and safety.
But. They have been watering their foundation and it’s getting a little excessive. RIVERS of water that run over the sidewalk and into the street! We are downhill from them and OUR ENTIRE YARD is squishy because of the water runoff. The west third of the yard is a mud pit. We can’t even take the trash cans out without walking through an inch of standing water (on our property).
I want to put myself in their shoes and understand why they’re watering it so much (it also must cost a FORTUNE to put that much water in the ground) but at the same time, if they’re also watering my foundation and my entire yard? That’s too much water. It’s also going to be a mosquito breeding ground pretty soon.
I think I’m going to have to go over there and…say something. I’m not sure WHAT, quite yet. “Stop making my yard so freaking MUDDY” is probably not going to work as an opening line.
2. Chris is putting the swingset together RIGHT NOW.
3. I was thinking about writing a post about having a spouse that works from home full time, while having three kids and a wife at home full time. I’m just thinking about it, though.
4. Preston likes to sleep on his stomach, on my bed, unswaddled, so nobody tell the Parenting Book Police about that, mmmkay?
5. He’s also eight weeks old. He smiles a lot and talks a lot (“ooooh!”) and has fallen into a pretty solid sleep/wake cycle. He continues to be awesome.
6. We started watching Homeland and OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS WHAT AN AWESOME SHOW THAT IS. Seriously, the best new show I’ve “discovered” in ages. We watched several episodes before I asked Chris, “Now, what channel did this air on?” because there’s, uh, adult content in it. Language. Naked people. That sort of thing. He thought it had aired on FX and as we kept watching I was like, “No, there is NO WAY this aired on FX! Is this what cable is now?? It’s been a while since I had cable but cable can’t be THIS racy, can it?”
Turns out it’s on Showtime. Yeah, that makes more sense.
(We are on Season 1, Episode 7, I think.)
7. I have to make dinner now. Which really means, “I have to heat up the frozen enchiladas.” IT’S ALL GLAMOROUS, ALL THE TIME HERE.